It is most definitely important! Vitamin D3 is one of the most widely studied supplements at the moment and the results are amazing. By getting your levels into the 60-80ng/ml range, you decrease your chance of over 13 types of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, and pain & inflammation. The amount you need totally depends upon your test results. We have tested several hundred patients here in Mississippi and rarely see a level above 30, with most in the low 20’s. We can suggest a proper dosage based on your results and you should re-test every 90 days. It is common to need 5000 to 10,000iu daily for several months to get your levels into the proper range. Listed below if a brief handout I wrote for our patients:
Read this Shocking Vitamin D Report or You’ll Kick Yourself for the Next Decade!!!!!
Taking the proper dosage of Vitamin D3 gives YOU:
- Major decreases in at least 17 different types of cancer
- Decreased heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure
- Decreased autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis
- Decreased type 1 and type 2 Diabetes
- Helps with Depression Osteoarthritis and Chronic Pain
- May help prevent Flu and upper respiratory infections
- Major decreases in Breast CA, Endometrial CA, and Ovarian CA
- Major decreases in Falls and Fractures of all types
- Has a direct inhibitory action on initiation and progression of various cancers
- Growth arrest of cancerous cells
- Helps musculoskeletal pain and neuromuscular pain
- Increases Insulin sensitivity
- Drastically reduces cancer such as colon, esophageal, oral, pancreatic, rectal, leukemia, bladder, gastric, lung, prostate and renal cancers.
- **Important to note that the degree to which Vitamin D can help these ailments is directly related to the levels in the body as determined by the Vitamin d, 25-OH, D3 tests.
- For instance, male cancer deaths could be reduced by 29% by taking just 1500iu/day. Patients with a level of less than 15 ng/ml had 1.53X increased chance of heart disease and a 1.80X increased chance if less than 10mg/ml
- It is important to test your Vitamin D levels so that you can maintain an optimal range between 60-80ng/ml. The optimal dose is 6000 -15,000 iu/day. There have been studies showing 40,000 iu/day or more for many months to be safe with no side effects.
- Many more studies are available showing the direct correlation between Vitamin D levels and the decrease in the above mentioned and many other ailments. I strongly suggest that all patients get tested, then we can determine your dosage based on the results! If you want to do what you can to remain HEALTHY, then get tested!